Monday, 3 December 2007

Interactive narrative flowchart

Okay, so here's the series of events that are happening in my interactive narrative. So, from what I've gathered from the term 'narrative', is that it's not just the events that happen, but how they happen and the way in which it's presented. I bet I've got that totally wrong, but that's how I see it.

So, here's what I've got for it:
Going off on a bit of a tangent here, I was talking to my sister about my latest animation I'm working on, which is kind of like a music video to a song I love. The song itself doesn't give a definate story, but I pieced together lyrics from it to create my own storyline for it. My sis told me that I'd found the narrative for that song in my own way. Does that mean that I've known what narrative is for years and never realised it?

Songs are way too inspiring for me. I see a story for so many of the ones I listen to. It gives me a greater appreciation for them, too. I dunno, I just get the feeling that every song's got a fully creatable story to it, and it's just something we need to figure out for outselves :D

Now, onto the overall design of my interactive narrative. It's gonna be comic book styles, using panels, speechbubbles and lettered sound effects. Because of that, I don't know whether to add comic sounds in it or not. I guess that depends on time constraints.

Well, I'll post something else in a few minutes. I've gotta look at something precious to me, which was a pretty easy thing to decide, to be honest :3

No comments: