Wednesday, 5 December 2007

About identities

Since I haven't signed up to SecondLife yet (mainly 'cause my connection's really temporamental at the moment), I've been thinking about my already established identity on the net.

I've spent over 3 years trying to get some kind of identity that is clear to people so I'm more recognisable. I don't know if I've managed it, but I'm gonna write a bit about who I am on the internet.

I am AngelBless, an artist/authress/animator who mainly posts on deviantART, SheezyArt and YouTube. My closest friends either know me by my real name, Hayley, or Mana, the name of the main character in my original comic that was somehow passed onto me.

My most obvious interest is Final Fantasy IX, and I'll easily argue my case of why it's the best Final Fantasy ever :D I also like Fullmetal Alchemist, Atelier Iris and Studio Ghibli films.

I always try to use AngelBless as my username for everything, so people can find the connection between my membership on other websites. I think a consistant name also builds a greater identity on the internet.

Also, here's a pic of my internet avatar (an anime version of how I look)



I don't usually have wings, but the idea of this picture was to create a videogame version of yourself. All the clothes I wear are what I actually own, mainly because I like to think of the internet as creating an online version of me, so creating myself in my favourite art style was the most logical way for me to have an avatar.

So, that's pretty much me. As for who I am in real life? Well, those who know me, know me, I guess. And those who don't have the me that I've talked about today.

No comments: