Here's the result of yesterday:
Here's my picture. I had to up the contrast a lot 'cause it was really faint. You can tell it's my first one, 'cause I medded up with the amount of development fluid so there's loads of sudden changes in grey. The building is pretty clear, but a lot of the other details got missed out in the development.
Here's what I wanted mine to look like. Everything in it's so clear and the levels don't make the contrast too high, so it looks just like a modern photo that's been greyscaled. The only difference is the two lighter lines where the light bounced off the edge of the photo paper.
I'm glad my photo came out clearer than this. I can't remember who took this photo, but I can only make out the edge of the building. There are also a lot of fingerprints on the paper, so it didn't turn out as well as it could have done.I guess now I'll talk about how I made my pinhole camera. First, I got an empty beer can (I didn't drink it, I can't stand alcohol) and I cut the top off it with a can opener and sanded it down. I then poked a hole in the middle of it and sanded it so the metal didn't bend in. I then made a lid and made it so no light'd get in by covering it in a mass of gaffer taper (which I learnt can be torn and doesn't need scissors :3). We each got a bit of tape and made a shutter for the pin hole and had to put photo paper in the can in the dark (I kept getting the feeling I was gonna trip over something, but who doesn't in the dark?)
Taking the picture was easy. We had to keep it still and open the shutter for 3 seconds (it was a really bright day) and take it for development.
I'll talk about the whiteboard animation more when it's on the net.
So, onto other matters. What do I want to achieve at university? Well, first of all I'd like to get to know more people so I'm not such a recluse around new places I go to. I also want to learn how to make better comics and animations, since they're my favourite media to work with. I love video editing too, but that's more of a hobby than a career option ;P
I think that's all for my first post. I'll update when I get something else posted.
No comments:
Post a Comment