I like to bundle all my little bits of work together and sort it out on a Sunday. I don't know why, I guess it's because I count Sunday as my 'schoolwork' day, like leaving homework 'til the last minute 'cause you don't want to do it. Either way, I'm glad I have Monday to finish off anything else.
So, in Tuesday's lecture we were talking about things that we're reflected on that have improved what we did in the future. Naturally, I do that all the time 'cause I'm always messing up in some way. We then got asked to write a blog giving an example of something we've reflected on in college to improve what we do. I thought about it for a little while, but since we haven't done a lot of work yet, I can describe anything too definate. I think the most important one for me was finding out that to access our timetables, we needed to know out student ID number and password. I didn't know we had to learn that, so I was clueless. As soon as I got home, I memorised them and haven't had a problem since. Also, I keep getting lost in the Victoria Centre, so I try to learn from mistakes where the right exit is to get to uni.
That lecture got me thinking of all the other times I've improved myself through looking back on things. I think one of the most important examples for me is to do with my drawing. For some reason, nothing I drew looked good enough, and I wanted to be so much better, so I looked back at all my drawings, took note of what I didn't like, then looked at examples in my favourite comics and saw how they drew each part to make it look so good. After that, my artwork improved greatly, and now I'm constantly trying new things, always looking back at my old artwork and using other artists to improve my style.
Wow, they were two loooong paragraphs! I think I'll leave it at that. I'll be back later with a blog on my pixilation work.
No comments:
Post a Comment