Friday, 16 January 2009

What I've been up to

Just a little note first, I'm gonna be making a new background image for my blog, so it looks a little plain right now. And now for the main post X3

Since my second year began, I've tried to do different things. Don't think I've really succeeded, but here's hoping I get to over the rest of the year ^^; Anyway, here's what I've done in my spare time.

First of all, I've been trying to make fake anime screenshots, particularly of Dissidia: Final Fantasy, which I mentioned in my last journal. A single still frame from an anime actually have more detail than one of my pictures that I've spent a great amount of time on, so it's good practise.



I've also been working on my alternate style a bit more, trying to make it into something more unique, rather than it having the same feel to it with it's colouring with only the lineart that's changed.




Which led me to try and recreate this stlye in 3DS Max, which has gone okay, but I still have a lot of problems figuring it out.



I had started to alter the face shape around, but that particular file corrupted this morning (unexpected error caused 3DS Max to crash). Luckily I saved backups :3 Compared to previous attempts to make a character, I think this is turning out much better, although like I said, I'm still having a lot of problems with it.

I've been working on my manga a bit more, too, and it surprised me when I took an older page with my most recent page and compared them. There were so many things I could see had changed in the two years since I started it (going very slowly. Only on chapter 4), but it made me realise how much my style had improved and even how I can improve it further (all the subtle details that are in manga will take a while to figure out).

I'm going to enter this years NEO manga contest again (missing last year due to my operation and needing an extension), so here's hoping my skills have improved enough.

Finally, on a completely non-multimedia related note, I've been making plushies :3 So far I'm just on those ready to sew kits, and so far I've finished a guinea pig, a dolphin, a baby owl and most recently, a dragon (no pics for them yet). I've bought materials to start making my own designs soon enough, so it'll be a fun experiment for me and a chance to do something a little different. My first custom project is going to be Timcanpy from D.Gray-man (who I can't find reference pics for for some reason O.o).

Anyway, that's some of the stuff I've been up to. I could've done a lot more, like trying more animation, but I recently had my animation previews muted on YouTube and it's made me a little paranoid T.T


Oh yeah, before I forget, I never posted the photos I took of my finished board game :o




I just hope it was playable.

No comments: