Tuesday, 20 January 2009

Just got feedback back for my games project

Didn't go as well as I'd hoped, really. I didn't his 'very good' or 'excellent' for any of the areas. But I was told that it looks like a good game to pitch to an educational game company, so I started thinking about where I went wrong with it. I was nearly kicking myself when I realised one gameplay problem that could've been easily solved.

The major problem is that for someone who can't solve codes easily, the opponent will most likely give them a level 4 code to solve, and someone who could solve them easily would be given level 1 codes. This makes gameplay unfair. One thought I had would be to raise the code level the person solves the code correctly, and have it lower back down to level 1 when they get it wrong. This, however, would not allow for much player interaction and would also need more spaces for the players to move along, as combos could rack up very quickly.

One aspect that still escapes me is how to create interested player interaction to keep the players' interest. If I were to pitch it to a company, I would have to make it ultimately more interesting for the younger audience it would almsot certainly be intended for.


On a completely unrelated note, I've been watching Mike Mozart's live blogtv broadcasts, and more recently he's been discussing the subject of public domain music due to YouTube's increasingly strict policy on copywrited music by muting and removing videos, even ignoring fair use. His aim is to promote these public domain works so his viewers will use them in their videos, meaning that YouTube would have no rights to remove or mute them.

No comments: