Friday, 16 January 2009

Around the net

Yeah, it's the name of an Attack of the Show segment, but ah well :3 So here's a few things I've found on the net (well, what I remembered about, anyway)



I'm not normally into anything to do with Halo, but the scenario was just so unusual and the movements were really smooth and realistic that it caught my attention. Machinima's not the easiest thing to pull off, but the models are well rigged and animated.




Bad guys killing people, good animation and a Disney parody? Sounds good enough for me! It looks like it's jumped straight out of the original webcomic, with each frame looking like a fully detailed panel. Okay, so it gets gruesome, but it works so well :3




Dissidia: Final Fantasy was released on the 18th of December, but it's kept my attention since it was first announced in May '07. The main selling points of this game were that characters from other Final Fantasy games that we've become so used to were redesigned and recreated for the PSP engine, with the graphics coming close to that of the PS2. Also, the combat system was created from scratch, featuring a full 3D environment and camera system, with battles arenas spanning a huge area.



Just an example of gameplay from when the game was released. It also shows a ingame cutscene too. One thing to note is that no motion capture was used for either the full motion videos (intro) or any of the cutscenes and battles. They decided on this as it would give a more unrealistic feel, and they wanted characters to be able to do what people couldn't in real life.

When I find out more stuff, I'll be sure to post it and give my thoughts.

No comments: