I'm supposed to write about a time where networking's given me a creative opportunity, but the main problem with that is I haven't actually had work opportunities yet, so I'm really gonna have to stretch the meaning in this.
Anyway, my example is that a friend of mine who went to a convention told me about a contest where the winners would get some awesome prizes and have their work displayed in an exhibition. Unfortunately, I found out a couple of days ago that I didn't make the top 10, but I still get some goodies for entering ^^ Doesn't really seem like an opportunity, but without being in contact with my friend, I wouldn't have had the chance to submit an entry for it. And I learnt more about making comics from it and I'm ready to take on the next contest head on!
The deadline for the next contest in question is next Friday, and it involves making a piece of art for Street Fighter IV. It's a hugely popular franchise and the submissions chosen get their work printed on the inside cover, so win it and hopefully you'll at least get someone noticing ya :D
No comments:
Post a Comment