Thursday, 6 November 2008

Looking at images


Holding back the flood by `arcipello on deviantART

The image I chose is by an artist called Daniel Conway. He digitally painted artwork for one of Fightstar's albums and is one of the most well-known member of deviantART.

The image I chose is designed to catch the eye of those interested in purchasing the particular album, as this was one of the commissioned pieces. However, it has managed to catch the eye of far more than just those who bought the album, as the popularity of his work has spread worldwide and many artists see it as an inspiration to further their skills.

The style is intended to be realistic, yet have an unreal quality to it in the obvious brushstrokes. Considering the genre of the album is 'rock', I think the untidy quality really makes it stand out as a more individual piece.

The vivid colours and traditional looking style along with the clearly definable brushstrokes make it eye-catching and interesting to look at for longer than a few seconds, as the viewer would need to take it all the finer details that have been added within the piece.

No comments: