So, first of all, I looked at the Cadbury's Creme Egg site, now studying goo-ology, or how the eggs wanna get smashed apart to reveal their creamy insides. Gotta admire their enthusiasm, I guess.
It starts with the entrance of the instidute, where clicking on the door knocker will activate the opening animation, where a creme egg goes under the knocker and gets squashed. The first time I went on the site, I wasn't sure what to do, and that the animation'd load itself, but I'm always looking around the easter eggs and stuff in websites, so I found out I needed to click.
Once you're in the building, it has a simple room with some clickable options. The navigation is found by clicking on the pull-down chart in the top right hand corner. It shows the outline of an egg with it divided into different sections, like charts with different areas of the brain. Also, in the background, there are repeated animations of eggs in different accidents. Most likely there to keep the viewer entertained while they're looking around for options. I found them amusing, anyway.
Here's a picture of the chart. The section changes to purple when you rollover it.
It's got an image gallery of more eggs being squashed, or cut into pieces, or other stuff like that. Since Cadbury's and other big companies choose different marketing campaigns for their products, it let's the site really emphasise the current theme, unlike with general sites.
All the adverts are available on the site on an old style TV. You can also play a couple of games to stop eggs from getting mashed up (in the above picture) and a personality test to see what kind of egg you are. There's only 3 questions, and it only asks about how you'd get squished if you were a creme egg, so it's not a soul serching quiz ;PAs for how it could be used for an interactive showcase? Well, it proably wouldn't work too well, unless you found a way to have the different rooms accessible from one main room. I really like the idea of a background animation, but I dunno how I could incorperate anything like that into my showcase.
Website 2's coming up later today :3
No comments:
Post a Comment