I'm a little unsure about what we're supposed to do for tomorrow's lecture. Plan a discussion? How do you plan something that's spontaneous and involves two or more people O.o I can say what I like about a piece of work and stuff, but I'm a bit confused ^^;
Well, I'm deciding to go for virtual environments for my pathway. It includes character modelling, visualisation, animation, modelling, games and all that kinda stuff. Which is exactly what I wanted to do ^^ So I guess I got pretty lucky, not needing to chose between either games or animation.
Anyway, for the example of work I've chosen, I'll look at The YuYu by Adam Phillips. There's no embeddable version on YouTube, so I'll just link to the newgrounds page.
Adam Phillips uses a style of flash animation I've never seen anywhere else. His style is so incredibly detailed that it practically throws the low quality flash stereotype out of the window. It looks just like an official animation you'd release as a movie. I would've said TV, but it's much higher quality than most of the TV animations you find nowadays ;P Amazing frame by frame animation with full shading and beautiful scenery, coupled with timing to the music and a great pace, it's hard not to like this ^^
Also, while I'm at it...
This is footage of him animating. I wish I could so confidently use layers on the main file. Instead, I keep using movie clips, which has it's disadvantages. I also noticed how he puts the guide and the actual finished character on the same layer, and also how it looks like he uses the smooth option once he's finished drawing the character. Those are definately a couple of useful techniques, especially the same layer one, since the amount of layers is my main problem when animating, anyway ^^;
1 comment:
Post a Comment