First of all, I'm a huge fan of gaming webcomics. I only regularly check a few of them, and, although they haven't influenced me, they've certainly inspired me to work on my own comic (which you can find out more about by clicking the link on the sidebar ^^). So here's the ones I love:
8-Bit Theatre
F@NBOY$
MyExtraLife
DuelingAnalogs
VGCats
My favourites have to be 8-Bit and Fanboys. I love 8-Bit 'cause it takes a really used concept (game sprite comic) but uses humour and the unique character personalities to make it a really great read. Fanboys, while based around video games, also focuses a lot on the characters and what they're like away from their consoles/handhelds. It really adds an extra sense of realism to them, and all the characters feel a lot more real to me because of it :3
Now for artists. Naturally, I love work by manga artists, since that's my main style, but one manga artist in particular, Hoshino Katsura, used an alternate style in their work with I incorperated into an alternate style of my own.

Now, let's see what other artists really influence me....well, music-wise, I love Within Temptation, Nightwish and Josh Groban. The lyrics in their songs inspire me in ways lots of other artists can't. I'll probably end up going into more detail with that in a later post.
I know there's a lot more I can write about, but my mind's gone blank, so I'll leave it at that for now, then write part 3 of Adventures in MMOland later :3
No comments:
Post a Comment