I decided a long time ago I needed to break away from the usual anime style all the time (no way I'm giving it up completely though), but only recently did I decide to give it another crack. Trying to make my work look less anime, more 'my own' (long limbs are apparently my style), this was my first try at something new.
I've alway had issues drawing realistic human faces, even with life drawing to help me, so I kinda tries a compromise. With Japanese culture seeming to pop up a little more lately, I think I could get away with this style for something commercial, if the need calls for it. But we'll have to see. Had some positive feedback from people about it so far though. I'm planning on entering a manga contest this summer in this style to try and get some consistancy from it.
I spent the last couple of days playing a game on Newgrounds called William and Sly, although personally I don't see why the man's name is first, the fox does all the work. It's got beautifully designed graphics and a very smooth framerate, with a great level of exploration and secret areas to find. I'd recommend people take a look at it, I find it very calming. Well, except for when those creatures pop out of the ground at you.
Got to find out my game work and try to find a way to record a run through of my level. It's nothing worth looking at, but considering I don't play FPSs on account of them making me feel sick, I don't think I did too badly for a first try. Well, you'll see it when I can find screencapture software that doesn't make huge filesizes / bad quality.
No comments:
Post a Comment