I decided to recreate a piece of scenery I have seen in a dream, to try and improve my skills in properly representing what I have seen in my head so other people can see it.
My first idea was a dreamworld I used to visit a lot, but in all honestly, I found it too personal to me to try and recreate it for projectwork.
I decided one one of the scenic areas I had seen, one of which being two parts of a ruined castle on either side of a road, completely isolated from anything else.
Another idea I had was a large square in the middle of a village, with some kind of statue/monument in the center.
I wanted to go with the castle ruins, but I didn't think there was enough to it, so I tried mixing scenery from another dream with it. The valley would've been too difficult to recreate in 3DS Max and I was told I didn't need to make it overly complicated.
I did some more concept ideas for my castle ruins.


And some speedpaints, which is something I really needed to practise. I've never been too good creating an image quickly on a single layer.



Here's the finished walkthrough.Also, my visualisation side project isn't going to be posted as soon as I'd hoped, I'm having major texturing problems.
No comments:
Post a Comment