I've applied for my extension, but I haven't heard anything back yet. I'm assuming it'll be a phone call, but my presentation's supposed to be on Monday, so I'm getting a bit nervous about that :/
That aside, I discovered a series thanks to The Escapist called Drawn by Pain, which I'm absolutely loving so far. I say so far 'cause all but the last part's been posted. I love how they incorperate live action and animation while making it an integral part of the storyline. The animation's also partly rotoscoped when it's based off an actual character and frame by frame with a sketchy feel to it.
I think what I love most of all about it is the fact it makes me a bit jealous. That sounds weird, but I've got a good reason for it. The guy who created the series completed his film making course, but no one in the industry would pay attention to him. Eventually, he spent a fair bit of money on decent equipment to make an idea he'd had in his head for 10 years become reality. I always both envy and admire anyone who can put so much time, money and soul into their work. It's not like with big companies that easily get to make what they can 'cause everyone pays attention to them. It's a small crew that worked hard to create a completely professional looking piece of work.
So that's my reasoning. It felt quite good to type all that, since I've never really explained my point of view on independant projects. They always inspire me to make something special of my ideas. They most likely won't be as popular, but I'll still do my best to make my ideas become reality.
No comments:
Post a Comment