And now for a mass of videos, which for some reason I havent' got around to posting yet. Ah well.
I really hate this advert. It's put on all legally bought DVDs, punishing us for buying them through the proper methods, yet those who download and pirate it don't see them. Idiotic, much? It feels like it's trying too hard to sound 'trendy' with the music, but to me it just seems like more people laugh at it than listen to it.
As I posted before, this is my favourite opinion on it. Ed Byrne points out how black and white the advert acts over it.
Of course, searching for it found me more parodies than anything else. Not that this helps with the argument, but it just shows how some people don't listen to it when they're morally grey like people are generally supposed to be.
And I found this little cruel anti-piracy measure from bootlegged versions of Earthbound (a game unreleased in Europe, so it's understandable why people bootlegged it). It waits until you're at the final boss, then freezes the game and deletes your saves! So very, very cruel.
A bit better way around it, they point out how it affects you rather than just saying it's illegal. I think the potential glitches'd make me wanna buy the full game. Then again, I've had more than my fair share of glitches from the real versions! Although according to another video, it cuts the game part way through the final boss battle and erases everything you've collected (very much like Earthbound)
SO, there's some videos I've found, mainly about how piracy affects the person rather than the companies, because, to be honest, that's what I'm more interested in.
No comments:
Post a Comment