Sunday, 25 October 2009

Simulated client project

Mission: To create a 20 second animation about the consequences of file sharing and when it's illegal.

How I'll tackle it: First, by looking into cases of file sharing and think of an interesting way to create the animation.

At a glance, I think Ed Byrne sums the piracy warnings before DVDs up brillianty.



I found an editorial about American anime licensor FUNimation telling people to remove their dubbed content from the site.



While I agree that from an American standpoint, this argument makes sense, but from a UK standpoint, the legal content mentioned is unavailable and not released until at least half a year later. Those who wish to buy the titles when they're out can at least get a 'sneak peek' at what they will get eventually along with getting rid of the long delay.

So, my idea for the animation is something with little movement (as I've said before, 3D animation is NOT something I get along with) with split second imagery and effects that would hopefully mean the viewer would want to see the animation more than once. I find that videos where I've missed something and need to go and watch it again make it stick in my head a lot more.

Sketches will be posted later.

No comments: