I've become a bit obsessed with Vocaloid lately, and a couple of videos in particular keep my attention more than others (most of the songs are amazing, but I'm just after the visuals with the audio today).
First off is Love is War, a song by the most well-known Vocaloid, Miku Hatsune.
(subbed for your convenience ;P)
The fast paced shots, the constantly moving camera, the solid black shading. These are the 3 main things I love about this video. It matches the feel and the power of the song immensely, although with Miku's voice, song of the feeling is lost, as her voice is mainly designed for 'cutesy' songs and doesn't quite have the power for it (being a synthed voice doesn't help either).
This cover version I found, however (sung by a real person), adds power to the song that I think's needed to give the video its full effect.
The second video is Meltdown, sung by another Vocaloid, Rin Kagamine.
The constantly shifting overlays make it hard to feel that the still images are outstaying their welcome, as they always give you a sense that there's something more to look at the in the picture. Mixed with 3D graphics and amazing emotion-filled vocals (which like I said, for a synth voice its hard to do), and I think this is one of the best Vocaloid videos out there.
No comments:
Post a Comment