Thursday, 15 November 2007

One shot film info

Here's the info we've got for our one shot film so far:

Roles
Me(Hayley): Lighting
Donna: Scripting + character profiles
Cliff: Main actor
Tom: Booking equipment and room

Synopsis
A man tells his story of how the people most important in his life left him, one by one.

How it will be presented
Cliff will be stood in the middle with the 3 other people around him. He will tell each story in turn, and as he explains how they desert him, they will leave the stage. Eventually he will be alone.

Details
Lighting will be a single spotlight designed to show Cliff easily, but also highlighting features of the other three people, while not making them stand out compared to him. They will leave into the darkness once each story if finished.

We were initially planning on panning the camera out slowly, but due to a slight change in the premise, that does not seem totally neccesary. Originally, the camera zoomed out to show him totally alone without anyone. However, we have now decided to make it so the person talking is dead and recalling what happened before he died. I will post more information on this later today once we have finalised all aspects of it ready for filming.

If, when the people leave the screen, they are still slightly visible once they leave the spotlight, we will increase the contrast to black them out, making the symbolism in him being completely alone stronger.

Scripting
We still need to finalise the script. However, it is mostly completed. We are hoping that we can create a sense of pattern in what Cliff says by beginning each section with "I....once" (ie. I was in love once). Hopefully each part will last around 20 seconds, with 20 seconds for beginning and ending parts.

Senario 1: A coworker he fell in love with cheated on him with his best friend when she got drunk. She then decided to leave the main character and go with him instead.

Senario 2: A friend from college who he has always been there for keeps abusing his kind nature and taking him for granted.

Senario 3: The best friend who his ex-girlfriend left him for is drinking with his friends while the main character is alone in the bar. He keeps getting mocked by all of them and leaves.
This is the part that will make people realise he is dead, as he will say 'I left, he followed' (the person will leave the screen, opposing him saying followed, showing something unusual is happening). The light will fade and the man says 'I saw a glimmer, a blade', then the sound of a bosy hitting the floor is heard (possibly with the sound of a knife, too). Then the final words are heard. 'Now I have no one...and no one has me.'

I'm hoping this will be hard hitting for people who see it for the first time, as they won't realise what has happened until the end of the film.

Photos
We don't have any photos so far on the location, but we are going to book one of the rooms within the university, so I will post pictures when I can.

No comments: