First of all, I tried the cute and simplistic type:
The one on the top right's not my design, it's from a game I like. The bottom right one's not so much cute as just following the simple design part. And the pencil sharpener's to do with one of my other design ideas, it just ended up on that page. I like the screep looking dog thing that's middle left. It's got such a blank expression that I keep getting drawn to it. I also like the penguiny thing that's middle right, 'cause I find it really cute.The next idea I followed was a guinea pig character. I love guinea pigs and they're not used too often as characters, so I gave it a quick try:
The first one was Hamtaro based, the second one was based on a triangle shape, the third was an oval and the fourth was kind of more realistic. None of them really stood out at me, and the only one I could instantly recognise as a guinea pif was the more realistic style one.Possibly my favourite train of thought was stationary. Sounds weird, but I can't really remember a franchise based off antropomorthic stationary. So I did some designs for a pencil character, since that's what I use more than anything else:
I like the Victorian era and superhero designs, since they're simple and can give a lot of character. I thought about it further and realised I could make the scenery drawn and coloured with crayons. It would add a far more cartoony style to it and they would be relevant to the theme. And yeah, that's why there was a sharpener in the earlier one. I needed to fill space on it. Rubbers may erase what a pencil's written, but it's the sharpener that cuts the pencil down, so it seemed logical to me.
No comments:
Post a Comment