Wednesday, 17 September 2008

Oops

I haven't posted on here in about 3 months. Woopsie ^^; Anyway, I've been spending the last month working on a contest entry for the UK/Japanese embassy. For it, you have to make a 6-8 page manga with the number 150 in there somewhere. I'm almost finished outlining it, and I can't wait to get it out of the way ^^

I promised myself I'd do more scenery drawing this summer (it was something I was supposed to do, too). Whoops again. I'll do some after this entry's out of the way. I think I might have a go at drawing pre-existing scenery first so I don't screw up.

Anyway, looking around my usual gaming blogs, I found a couple of handy things. One is a video about pitching game ideas:



I found it a useful li'l insight in how to go about showing people your ideas and what developers and publishers really do.

Another thing I found is the making of Metal Gear Solid 4. I haven't read through much of it yet, but the art direction sections interested me most, since I'm much better at drawing than modelling characters.

No comments: